Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Story excerpt on the blog from new #menage #romance @ClairdLuneBooks


Trouble is brewing on Hades. Strome has a reputation for cruelty and when he tries to force a pair of innocent young people into mating with him, winged Meredith goes to rescue them. Little does he expect his life to change forever. He meets and rescues the mates he's been searching for all his adult life.
Safely back on Prosper, he sets out to win their love and make them forget their ill treatment at the hands of Strome. However, a misunderstanding brings danger to his mates from an unexpected quarter.
Will Meredith succeed in thwarting the plans of a wicked woman determined to get her way? Will he rescue his mates from a future of slavery, and can he convince them of his true feelings toward them. 

Background to the story
 After I’d written Angel in Hell, based on an image sent to me by a reader, another reader sent me this image of a bronze winged being and inspired Meredith’s story. He was a significant minor character in the first book, and I felt he deserved his own story.
          
            STORY EXCERPT
There was a sharp knock on the door. Meredith happened to be crossing the hallway, so he decided to answer the door himself. As he drew nearer to it, he heard voices he recognised.
“Why have you dragged me here?” Oronsay asked.
“I told you why. We need his help,” Colonsay replied in a petulant voice.
“He won’t want to go there. I told you that already.”
“He must. We need him to do this. There’s no one else who is so perfect.”
Meredith listened indulgently for a while, and then he opened the door. He suffered a pang as his gaze fell on Oronsay, such a beautiful young man. There was a greater confidence in his air now, but he was still under Colonsay’s thumb. She positively glowed, and as his gaze flowed over her, he noticed the softly rounded belly and all was explained. These babies would be Oronsay’s, so no wonder he was so protective.
“Well. What are you two doing here? Do come inside,” Meredith suggested.
“Thank you,” Oronsay replied as he gave his arm to his mate to help her into the house. Meredith smiled. He ushered them into the main room and sent the servant, who was hovering in the hall to collect refreshment. Until he returned, they chatted about indifferent topics. Meredith sensed that, in spite of custom, Colonsay wouldn’t be able to keep the real reason for her visit until they had taken wine, or fruit juice and cakes. He was correct. No sooner had the servant deposited the tray on the small table and departed, than she turned her small face to him.
“Lord Meredith, I’ve come to ask you for a favour.”
“What can I do for you, my dear?”
“My cousins are in trouble, on Hades,” she said.
“I see. What exactly is it that you need me to do?” A loud knock fell upon the door. The servant went to open it. It was on Meredith’s lips to tell him to say his master wasn’t available, when he recognised the voice. Arielle came into the room and looked ruefully at his mates.
“What are you doing here, Colonsay? Why are you allowing her to bother Meredith, Oronsay?” In the five years since he’d formed his triad and taken his inheritance as the rightful ruler of Prosper, he’d grown in maturity and assurance. The settled life suited him. He was very protective of his mates, and justifiably proud of his achievements.
“What is it, my dear? Why can’t I help?” Arielle asked.
“Because you have formed your triad, and you are so well-known on Hades. This has to be a man who has yet to do that,” Colonsay said in a soft voice, holding out her hand to her lord, who took it, turned it, and placed several kisses upon her wrist.
“You’d better explain it all to me, to us,” Arielle suggested.
“First you must be seated and take some wine, while you do that Colonsay can explain,” Meredith said.
“My cousins are in trouble on Hades,” Colonsay repeated for Arielle’s benefit.
“How do you know that? Have you received word recently?” Meredith asked.
“No. They can’t send word, but I know.”
“She’s talking about the rapport between females. She can’t read minds, or any such thing, but she can sense when one of her close female relatives is in distress,” Oronsay explained.
“Ah, I see, but why can’t you ask Arielle? Surely as your mate he’s the one who should do this?” Meredith asked.
“Arielle has formed his triad, and so he can’t be the one to go and rescue them,” Colonsay explained.
By this time Arielle had taken his wine, but declined the proffered cakes.
“Vatersay has just come of age. Her mate, Berneray, has been of age for two years and living in her family for three. They will both be well trained by now, and, as they are both of age, there is pressure on them to marry. I don’t know the details, but I do know she’s in danger. She’s distressed, and we must do something.”
 Colonsay stood up and started to pace about the room. Her delicate wings fluttered reflecting her agitation. Oronsay and Arielle rose and the latter took them both in his arms, bent his head, and folded his wings about them.
Meredith felt distinctly de trop. The private moment didn’t last long, but when Arielle released his mates, they both looked much more at ease. Meredith envied them this closeness and support. He’d been thinking about forming his own triad, but he had no candidates in mind, so he was open to the suggestion of going to Hades to seek them. After all, Arielle had returned from his adventure there with two mates who made him very happy. What do I have to lose?
“You are forgetting Kaleen and his mate, Sheeva. It’s true that since he was exiled to Hades, there’s been a lot more contact with that island. I wouldn’t like to fall foul of him. I have too much to lose now,” Arielle said. When he saw how agitated Colonsay became, he continued, “but if you think it’s the only way, then go I will, my pet.”
“I can go alone,” Meredith offered.
“No, it has to do with my mate’s family, so I will go with you. Besides, I’ve been there and I know a little about the customs. Oronsay, you will remain here and guard Colonsay.”
“No! I have to go. Vatersay won’t know either of you. Your size alone will scare her. I must go to reassure her. You don’t know our customs well enough either, so you need someone to advise you. Oronsay can stay here and take care of all those things you do when I’m not allowed to go with you. If I’m not around for him to worry about, he will be better able to concentrate on that.”
Arielle smiled.
“In your condition…” he began.
“Do not go down that road, my Lord. I’m very well, and a sea voyage would do me the world of good, according to the healers,” she countered.


© Clair de Lune, Siren publishing, 2016
 5 questions for the author:
1.      Why is the series called Angel in Hell?
I mentioned the picture that a reader sent to me.
(Image of Silver winged man in sea…. Sent as a Jpeg) When I began to think of the story I came up with the idea of a whole new world. Two races of winged beings live on two islands. I chose the names of Hades and Prospero. They are opposites and where Hades has barbarous customs, Prospero is enlightened. After naming one island Hades, there was only one possible title for the book.
2.      Are there going to be any more in this series?
I can’t imagine there will be another, but I only expected to write one, so I’d better not say there never will be one.
3.      What else is there in the pipeline?
I have a short story in an anthology to be published by VINVATAR in the New Year. It’s a re-issue of Life on the Edge with a brilliant new cover.
4.      What of Prometheus in Chains?
I am writing the next book in the series. As so many of the Doms seems to have entered stable relationships it’s time to introduce a few new single Doms and a couple of subs. That should make life interesting in the club.
5.      What of Flora McGregor?
I am writing a second wolf shifter, this time it will start out as MM, but it’s a ménage.
Which one will be first? Well that very much depends on the characters.

About Clare
            I live in Dumfries and Galloway in Southern Scotland, although I was born in South Yorkshire. I spent many happy years teaching, and when I retired, I became bored with just the domestic routine.
My youngest son challenged me to write a novel of my own, and I wrote Initiation, book one in the Prometheus in Chains series. Since then, writing has become an important part of my life. It’s been like a roller-coaster ride, and a very pleasurable one at that. When I sent off my first book to Siren, I had no idea what I was setting in motion. I joined Facebook, something I never dreamed I’d do, but I have made many good friends on there, some readers and some fellow authors. Writing has certainly changed my life.
I am very grateful for all the help and advice I have received from everyone at Siren, especially my editor, and Christine for so many beautiful covers. A special mention goes to Sage Marlowe for his encouragement and for beta reading my books. I thank Master "K" for his encouragement over the Kinbaku scenes. I am grateful to Lyn L. for beta reading this book. I am also indebted to my many readers and friends on Facebook, for their unfailing support and affection.
I would love to hear from you, and I always answer e-mails or contacts on Facebook.

Find Clair

https:// www.clairdelunebooks.co.uk                                                                                 

BUY the books








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be published shortly.